Use the Embed draw.io diagram macro to connect to Google Drive and embed a draw.io diagram file hosted there.
- Edit the Confluence page on which you want to embed your diagram, then type /draw to insert a macro. Select Embed draw.io diagram.
- Click the Google Drive tab. If you haven't allowed draw.io to access your files on Google Drive, click the blue Authorize button, and follow the prompts to allow access.
- When you return to the file picker, click Choose.
- Find and click on draw.io diagram file you want to embed, then click on the blue Select button.
- Check the preview to make sure you have the right draw.io diagram, then click Select.
- Finally, click Insert to embed your diagram file from Google Drive into your Confluence Cloud page.
What happens to embedded diagrams if draw.io is uninstalled?
The embedded diagrams and files in Confluence or Jira will no longer be able to be displayed. In Confluence, this will be displayed as if the macro is broken (no macros are deleted though). Of course, no data on Google Drive is deleted!
When you reinstall the Diagram Viewer app, as long as the connection with Google Drive is still authorised, your diagrams and files will be displayed again, no further steps necessary.